Issue with SSL certificate

My domain is: suncityminc.com

I have logged into the bitnami server, and in the third step I get the following error:

Entered command: sudo chown root:root /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/server*

Error: chown: cannot dereference '/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/server.crt': No such file or directory

Please help on what should I do, I am new to coding and don't understand everything.

Hi @aniket223, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

It may help for us all to be "on the same page".
Where are you reading those "steps" from?

Also, please show:
ls -l /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/server*

3 Likes

This is the response I get on executing this command:

I am executing the command from here: Generate and Install a Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate for a Bitnami Application

That file is a symlink.
What shows?
ls -l /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/*

2 Likes

here is the screenshot for the same

You had a TYPO in step 2:
This:
Should have been this:

2 Likes

How should I change this now?

Redo that part of step 2 and continue from there.

3 Likes

Should I run all these commands again?

sudo mv /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/server.crt /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/server.crt.old
sudo mv /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/server.key /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/server.key.old
sudo ln -sf /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/DOMAIN.key /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/server.key
sudo ln -sf /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/DOMAIN.crt /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/server.crt

And in the domain part I should write suncityminc.com

I showed you what it should be.

But yes, I suppose both lines [with "DOMAIN"] would be equally wrong.

3 Likes

this worked thanks.

2 Likes

Glad I could help.
Cheers from Miami :beers:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.