Server-ca.crt symbolic link - chain not working

Generated cert by: sudo /opt/bitnami/bncert-tool

My cert chain is still my old GoDaddy
server-ca.crt -> /home/username/htdocs/gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt

How do I change this because everything else is good it looks like:
server-ca.crt -> /home/drewandmikepodcast/htdocs/gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt
server.crt -> /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/www.nobsnewshour.com.crt
server.crt.old -> /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/www.nobsnewshour.com.crt
server.key -> /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/www.nobsnewshour.com.key
server.key.old -> /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/www.nobsnewshour.com.key
www.nobsnewshour.com.crt -> /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/www.nobsnewshour.com.crt
www.nobsnewshour.com.key -> /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/www.nobsnewshour.com.key

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
nobsnewshour.com
I ran this command:

It produced this output:
Chain not working - Chain issues Incomplete, Extra certs, Contains anchor
My web server is (include version):
Apache 2 bitnami
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
Yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

1 Like

Hi @jcornel7

first: I don't use Bitnami, that's an own world I don't know.

But checking your domain the problem is visible - see https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=nobsnewshour.com#connections

• There is your certificate and the root certificate. Must be your certificate and the Letsencrypt intermediate certificate
  • The output of my tool is wrong, that's not a complete / correct chain, so it should be red, not green.

Compare it with

May be

/home/drewandmikepodcast/htdocs/gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt

has the root certificate, not the intermediate. Open that file with an editor and check that.

Or

/opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates/www.nobsnewshour.com.crt

should have two certificates.

1 Like

So if I download the LetsEncrypt .pem intermediate certificate and rename it to gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt that should work?

1 Like

I don't know. Check the Bitnami documentation.

That's

the missing certificate, so find the correct place.

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Jason :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry we can't be more inherently helpful with the trouble you're seeing. We try to help where we can with Bitnami issues, but after hundreds of trials we've found it much more effective to refer those struggling with Bitnami to the Bitnami experts who know their own structure and configuration far better than we do. I have included a link below to the official documentation that @JuergenAuer referenced as well as a link to the Bitnami Community if you have further questions. I have confidence that those will get you a satisfying solution.

2 Likes