Missing server.crt

I am getting apachectl -t

bitnami@ip-172-26-1-89:~$ apachectl -t
AH00526: Syntax error on line 46 of /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/bitnami/bitnami.conf:
SSLCertificateFile: file ‘/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt’ does not exist or is empty

Seems that the server.crt is missing. Any suggestion on how to fix this? Line 46 of bitnami.conf is
SSLCertificateFile “/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt”

Do you have a Let’s Encrypt certificate?

e.g.

certbot certificates

might list:

Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/example.org/fullchain.pem

You can try link that path to the Let’s Encrypt certificate you already have:

ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/live/example.org/fullchain.pem /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt
ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/live/example.org/privkey.pem /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.key

I don’t have fullchain.pem. Is there some why I can uninstall the old one and re-install?
I do have server.crt, server.key, server.crt.old, and server.key.old, of that helps?

Hi,

How did you obtained those certificates initially?

Thank you

I installed let’s encrypt on my lightsail instance that was running Bitnami LAMP. I was having issues with my apache config that was causing the cors to not work. In attempting to fix that I crashed the instance and decided to delete and start again. So that message was from when I was trying to set up the replacement instance after deleting the first. Honestly the encryption has been complicating my debugging of this strange problem. But chrome (that I am sending the buffer from) requires encryption.

At this point I have decided to try Plesk, so I am trying to create a LAMP under Plesk. I tried to get the let’s encrypt going on the Plesk instance, but there was an issue with the URI and then, updating the nameservers. I got an email earlier today from go daddy telling me that the dns was updated. But I am out of town for the weekend. So I can’t try it.

So I will try to get plesk to install let’s encrypt again on Monday. I am using phpStorm/xdebug and chrome’s built in debugger to try to catch this cors problem.

Thx, rich

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.