Missing server.crt


#1

I am getting apachectl -t

bitnami@ip-172-26-1-89:~$ apachectl -t
AH00526: Syntax error on line 46 of /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/bitnami/bitnami.conf:
SSLCertificateFile: file ‘/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt’ does not exist or is empty

Seems that the server.crt is missing. Any suggestion on how to fix this? Line 46 of bitnami.conf is
SSLCertificateFile “/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt”


#2

Do you have a Let’s Encrypt certificate?

e.g.

certbot certificates

might list:

Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/example.org/fullchain.pem

You can try link that path to the Let’s Encrypt certificate you already have:

ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/live/example.org/fullchain.pem /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt
ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/live/example.org/privkey.pem /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.key

#3

I don’t have fullchain.pem. Is there some why I can uninstall the old one and re-install?
I do have server.crt, server.key, server.crt.old, and server.key.old, of that helps?


#4

Hi,

How did you obtained those certificates initially?

Thank you


#5

I installed let’s encrypt on my lightsail instance that was running Bitnami LAMP. I was having issues with my apache config that was causing the cors to not work. In attempting to fix that I crashed the instance and decided to delete and start again. So that message was from when I was trying to set up the replacement instance after deleting the first. Honestly the encryption has been complicating my debugging of this strange problem. But chrome (that I am sending the buffer from) requires encryption.

At this point I have decided to try Plesk, so I am trying to create a LAMP under Plesk. I tried to get the let’s encrypt going on the Plesk instance, but there was an issue with the URI and then, updating the nameservers. I got an email earlier today from go daddy telling me that the dns was updated. But I am out of town for the weekend. So I can’t try it.

So I will try to get plesk to install let’s encrypt again on Monday. I am using phpStorm/xdebug and chrome’s built in debugger to try to catch this cors problem.

Thx, rich


#6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.