Is My SLL Working?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.whitby-photography.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Litespeed

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Lentos 7

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Linode

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Y

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Hi Guys,

I think I have installed Certbot via ssh. Everything seemed to run correct and no obvious errors came up.

I want to know how I know if SSL is now working on my domain ?

At present, any checks are showing my old ssl which expired a couple of days ago.

Hi @Glennk

checking your domain

your certificate is expired.

You have created two Letsencrypt certificates - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=whitby-photography.com#ct-logs

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-09-15 2019-12-14 whitby-photography.com, www.whitby-photography.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 1
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-09-15 2019-12-14 whitby-photography.com - 1 entries duplicate nr. 1

The newest is good, there are two domain names.

But you don't use that certificate. Instead, there is an expired RapidSSL certificate:

CN=www.whitby-photography.com
1 days expired	
www.whitby-photography.com, whitby-photography.com - 2 entries

Perhaps a restart of your webserver is enough.

But there is a Litespeed server, not Apache / nginx. Did you install the certificate?

Hi, Do you know how I remove the expired one and use the new one ?

I stopped Lightspeed.
I installed the ssl via ssh (I think),
I restarted Litespeed.

I have also rebooted the server.

You don't need to remove the old explicit. Install the new, then the old is replaced. And an expired certificate is better then no certificate, "no certificate" may break your webserver.

But I don't know how to install a certificate in Litespeed. There must something going wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.