Is LetsEncrypt automatically added to a shopify store? Speed Issues

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.golfsub70.in

We are facing significant speed issues on our site and discovered that the SSL cert is from 'Let's Encrypt' but we have no record of this installation/configuration to properly trouble shoot. Please help!

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Shopify automatically issue and install Let's Encrypt certificates for all of their customer domains. Read about that here: Let’s Encrypt x Shopify: Securing the Web 4.5 Million Domains at a Time — Security (2022). With hosted solutions like this, it is generally not something you can control yourself.

For a speed issue, you will need to take it up with Shopify support or get help from the Shopify community. It would be unusual for a certificate to cause speed issues, outside of some exotic networking problems. But such a problem would generally be widespread affect and be noticed broadly, i.e. all Shopify websites.

5 Likes

Your hostname golfsub70.in (note: without the www subdomain) has two IP addresses configured:

• 23.227.38.65, which seems to be a Shopify address
  • 192.64.119.233, which is a Namecheap IP address, responding to HTTP on port 80, but NOT to HTTPS on port 443, so you'd get a timeout after a while.

This last IP address is probably erroneously configured for your domain and leading to "speed issues", which ultimately probably is just the timeout for a non-responding IP address, and not a certificate problem.

4 Likes

Thanks! Appreciate the quick reply.

2 Likes

Really really appreciate this info! Having someone look into the IP/port issues you highlighted! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.