Adding SSL to Shopify via GoDaddy Domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.boundingwithbling.com

I ran this command: I did not because I don’t know how

It produced this output: n /a

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): I don’t know what this means

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Go Daddy, re-routs to shopify

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t know what this means

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): ?

I am brand new at doing this and am trying to get SSL certificate on my website. The certificate go-daddy provides makes you create a CSR and I don’t know how to do that. I’m sorry that I don’t know this info. I’m bare bones and need a really simple walk through. Shopify says to get a certificate from Let’s Encrypt but has no instructions how to do so. Any help is appreciated.

Shopify features automatic, free SSL for all domains.

You don’t need another SSL certificate, unless you have some non-Shopify website as well.

Your domain is already working with Let’s Encrypt SSL.

Ahh. Well that is helpful. Thank you. I own the domain, but just did the re-directing it to the shopify store. Glad that’s how it works. (Don’t know anything about this kind of stuff, clearly).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.