Installing on TrueNAS Status 405 The request message was malformed

I am trying to install a LetsEncrypt Certificate on my TrueNAS box. I have done this with PFSense recently with no issues on the same network. I end up with a Status 405 when checking the order status with Lets Encrypt. I have attached the standard output when running the command and a debug version. Anyone help me figure this one out?

My domain is: kanaja.com

I ran this command: acme.sh --issue --dns dns_gd -d billnas.kanaja.com

It produced this output: {"type":"urn:ietf:params:acme:error:malformed","status":405,"detail":"The request message was malformed"}

letsEncryptConsole.txt (9.7 KB)
letsEncryptDebug.txt (46.0 KB)

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): TrueNAS Core 12.0-U6.1

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: N/A

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): Latest version of acme.sh (I just checked for an update an hour ago). GitHub - acmesh-official/acme.sh: A pure Unix shell script implementing ACME client protocol

1 Like
[Tue Dec 28 12:30:43 CST 2021] Using CA: https://acme.zerossl.com/v2/DV90

You requested a cert from ZeroSSL. You need to add a --server letsencrypt option to use Let's Encrypt.

See this post by the acme.sh author

3 Likes

And welcome to the LE community forum @bjanak :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After looking at this that was all to simple. I updated the command and it worked great. Thanks for the quick response.

I am new to playing with Certs, thanks for all the help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.