Increasing limit

Hello,

I’m the owner of the subdomain raspip.selfhost.eu
Can you please increase the limit?!

Thanks

What’s the specific limit you are running in to ? I’m guessing ( without any detailed info) that it’s related to the selfhost.eu domain (which I assume you don’t own), so any decision about limits, or being on the PSL would need to be handled though them as your top level domain.

You may be better with your own domain name ( you can always get free ones if cost is an issue - .freenom.com or dot.tk

Hello,

No I'm not the owner of selfhost.eu but of the subdomain raspiip.selfhost.eu

I only see this error:

Certificate signature failed. If you supplied your own CSR make sure the domains on it match what you put on SSLForFree. If there is a rate limiting error at the end of this paragraph certificates per Domain is currently 5 per 7 days. Try asking Lets Encrypt to increase the limit or wait 7 days. Rate limits should increase in the near future. { "type": "urn:acme:error:rateLimited", "detail": "Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: selfhost.eu", "status": 429 }

So I guess the limit is 5.

The current limits are at Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt - and 20 certificates per Registered Domain per week is the limit you are hitting for selfhost.eu

The main limit is Certificates per Registered Domain (20 per week). A registered domain is, generally speaking, the part of the domain you purchased from your domain name registrar. For instance, in the name www.example.com, the registered domain is example.com. In new.blog.example.co.uk, the registered domain is example.co.uk. We use the Public Suffix List to calculate the registered domain.

Personally I'd suggest getting your own domain name.

1 Like

Hello,

thanks for fast answering.

The problem is: I’m a pupil, so a domain with some costs is not relevant for me. Secound, selfhost is my DynDNS service, too and selfhost is once service I know, that offer all features that I need for free. So is there no possibility to increase the limit?

Sincerely

It’s possible for the rate limits to be adjusted, but only for the domain owner. In this case, the rate limit that affects you is on the selfhost.eu domain level, and since you don’t own that (entire) domain, that won’t be an option for you.

There are some free TLDs out there you can use, like .tk. In combination with Cloudflare (or any other free DNS service) and a CNAME record pointing to your existing dynamic DNS domain, you should be able to do this for free.

1 Like

You can get domain names for free - try freenom.com or dot.tk

There are plenty of other, free dynamic DNS systems, to easily use for your own domain.

The limit is on selfhost.eu and you don't own selfhost.eu, so no, you can't change the limits on selfhost.eu.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.