There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: selfhost.eu

I had trouble getting certbot to work. First it stated that it couldn’t reach my machine aot a timeout.
So I had several tries but finally I discovered that it was a problem with the configuration of my webserver.
But after I changed the configuration so that the .well-know directory in my webroot could be accessed I got the error message that too many certificates were issued.
Is it because I use selfhost for my DNS registration?
Or is it because I had too many tries and Let’s Encrypt didn’t recognize that none of the certificates reached my machine?
What can I do?
My domain is:rasptux.selfhost.eu

I ran this command:certbot certonly

It produced this output:There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: selfhost.eu

My operating system is (include version):3.4.112-bananian

My web server is (include version):nginx 1.9.10-1

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):no

There are a number of rate limits . In this case it's because you use selfhost.eu - so the limit of Certificates per Domain has been reached.

The main limit is Certificates per Registered Domain (20 per week). A
registered domain is, generally speaking, the part of the domain you purchased
from your domain name registrar. For instance, in the name www.example.com,
the registered domain is example.com. In new.blog.example.co.uk,
the registered domain is example.co.uk. We use the
Public Suffix List to calculate the registered
domain.

You may be better with your own domain name ( you can always get free ones if cost is an issue - .freenom.com or dot.tk

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.