Improving the service status widget

@jsha and I are making improvements to the Status.io widget that shows up in the community forum's header when a service is disrupted.

The message will now show which service is disrupted. For example: Service status: Scheduled maintenance: acme-staging-v02.api.letsencrypt.org (Staging)

If multiple services are disrupted, it will show the one that is the "most" disrupted (e.g. complete service disruption is worse than degraded performance). In case there's still a tie among disrupted services, it will pick the first one in the set.

This will hopefully be a little clearer in cases where staging, but not production, is disrupted.

10 Likes

If there are multiple outages, will it look different from a single outage? It makes sense not to list everything, but I would want it to tell me that there's more information available.

2 Likes

Not currently, but thanks for the suggestion! We might end up reordering the “containers” (groups) to make it both more concise and more informative when this happens.

3 Likes

if msg.count > 1 show generic.sky.is.falling.msg

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.