I'm unsubscribed from my email address. What should I do?

I have clicked on the link below for the email I received.

If you are receiving this email in error, unsubscribe at http: //mandrillapp.com/track/unsub.php?u=xxxx

I'm unsubscribed from my email address.
I want to receive "Let's Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain" mail from now on.
What should I do?

Hi @red3, welcome to the community forum :wave:

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Unfortunately the only option is to change the registered email address. We describe one method to do that on the expiration email documentation page:

There’s not yet a way for us to efficiently re-subscribe you if you unsubscribe. Our email provider, Mandrill, has a manual mechanism that we still need to automate.

However, you can change the email address on your account, which effectively re-subscribes you. Many common email services treat yourname+1@example.com the same as yourname@example.com . So if you update your email address to yourname+1@example.com , you can start getting expiry mail again. With Certbot, use:

~/certbot/venv/bin/certbot register --update-registration --email yourname+1@example.com

Do you know if you're using Certbot or if your email provider lets you use the + "trick"?

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

For example, if it is hoge@yahoo.co.jp, is it ok with the following?
~ / certbot / venv / bin / certbot register --update-registration --email hoge+1@yahoo.co.jp

If the mail system is “+1 not supported” and I want to change the incoming e-mail address to hoge2@yahoo.co.jp, is it ok with the following?
~ / certbot / venv / bin / certbot register --update-registration --email hoge2@yahoo.co.jp

1 Like

I'm not sure why our documentation page includes that venv stuff but it probably doesn't apply to your case.

If you've already installed Certbot you can probably use just:

certbot register --update-registration --email hoge+1@yahoo.co.jp

and if you want to switch the email:

certbot register --update-registration --email hoge2@yahoo.co.jp

I am using certbot installed on CentOS 7.
$ sudo certbot register --update-registration --email hoge2@yahoo.co.jp
After trying the above command, it is displayed below.

Usage 'certbot register --update-registration' is deprecated.
Please use 'cerbot update_account [options]' instead.

If I press n in a negative sense,

Your e-mail address was updated to hoge2@yahoo.co.jp.

Does this mean that it has been updated?

What is the correct command?
$ sudo certbot update_account register --update-registration --email hoge2@yahoo.co.jp

I do not know how to put out the help
$ sudo cerbot update_account -h

Yup! That means it was updated.

I think it would be:

sudo certbot update_account --email hoge2@yahoo.co.jp

Apologies that our documentation recommended the deprecated way! I'll get that fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. Thanks has solved the question!

1 Like

Happy to help!

I've put up a pull-request on our website repository to fix this: docs: update expiration-emails email change cmd. by cpu · Pull Request #502 · letsencrypt/website · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.