I need SSL for my domain ending in .app

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: ziga.app

I ran this command: i need an SSL cert for my domain

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Launchrock

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: namecheap

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): i dont know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

1 Like

NameCheap is my domain registrar. Which Hosting product do you have with them? They have several different levels of web hosting that they offer (I have my own cloud server elsewhere so I don’t use theirs).

Hi @_Ziga

please start with some basics:

The most important answer is missing: Do you have root access or not?

If yes, select a client.

If not, your options are limited. Shared hosting -> your hoster must support an integrated solution or you must use a control panel with such a solution.

1 Like

and while .app TLD forces HSTS, let’s encrypt doesn’t care with it and try access to your server with http over port 80.

@ZetaRevan @JuergenAuer @orangepizza Strictly speaking, webhosting is NOT required if @_Ziga wants a TLS certificate for encrypting for example a mail server. It’s perfectly possible to use the dns-01 challenge without any kind of webhosting.

But how to install the certificate if it is shared hosting?

Creating a certificate may be possible, with a local or online client.

Shared hosting -> the installation is the problem.

@JuergenAuer What kind of hosting were you refering to? In my scenario, there is no webhosting, shared or otherwise. Perhaps @_Ziga only wants to run Postfix/Dovecot email servers, who knows.

So we can shout a lot of stuff, but in the end, we need @_Ziga to tell us what he wants and what he needs. Without more information, it’s useless to speculate.

1 Like

That’s the reason of my question:

So your speculation, that dns-validation is possible: That doesn’t work, if it’s impossible to install the certificate.

1 Like

You’re still only thinking about HTTP/HTTPS, right? Let it go, let it go <insert Frozen theme song>

While web hosting is not required, he stated he is using a web host. What type of web hosting he has determines the level of control he has over his setup and what type of instructions we give him. He said he needs SSL for his .app domain and his web host is NameCheap. He stated LaunchRock, but it’s a landing page/site editing tool. Which is a module that NameCheap offers. They also offer CPanel as the platform for their shared hosting service. With the VPS & dedicated hosting, they get their own vm instance/server with root access.

1 Like

OP already stated that he’s using a website builder Launchrock so he definitely using a web server: anyone know how that works? (like self install wordpress or it has own admin panel page?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.