Husband died, want to renew Let's Encrypt certificate, don't know what to do

This is my husband’s account. My husband died three weeks ago from a short, brutal battle with cancer. I just checked his email and see that the Let’s Encrypt certifications for my websites are set to expire in the next two weeks. I have no idea what to do. Help?

My domain is: girlsgonesporty.com and www.girlsgonesporty.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

Where do you host your website? Is it with a shared hosting provider (aka login to a panel and have file manager etc…) Or need to execute command line?

Thank you

1 Like

I’m almost positive he did everything himself through command line on AWS. I can try to log in there to see. I’m so sorry I don’t have more information.

If he did in in command line, please check if certbot renew is executeable. Or ./certbot-auto renew

Thank you

Okay, I’m completely new to this. Where would I even go to look for that? Is it in AWS or somewhere else? Lance would have taken care of all of this…

It’s AWS, you would need to login to your machine by ssh…

Thank you

Again, I’m so sorry, but I have no idea what that means. I can go to aws.amazon.com, and I can log into the console there, but from there I’m lost.

Hi,
I’m sorry for your loss.

You might find an email from AWS that explains how to login to the system using SSH.
Otherwise, you might be able to get that info directly from the AWS site - once you are logged in.
In any case, it should be something like using SSH and some “key” authentication string.
The cert will expire in ten days, so you have some time to get that login info.
Once you have it we can help figure out how to renew the cert and maybe even setup auto-renewals.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for your loss.

From the AWS Console, select EC2, then Instances, and see if your server is listed there. If so, select it and hit the Connect button; that should give you the instructions to connect.

If it’s not there, it might be in Lightsail. If so, see these instructions for connecting to it:

https://lightsail.aws.amazon.com/ls/docs/en/articles/lightsail-how-to-connect-to-your-instance-virtual-private-server

Once you get connected, check if you see anything mentioning Bitnami, as that would be important for us to know if so. Then try typing the commands stevenzhu suggested, and let us know what happens.

1 Like

so sorry for your loss.

If you are still struggling, we can do something like screensharing using hangout to help you with handholding.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.