How to get the cloudflare dns plugin for Certbot on CentOS8

Hi guys,
I need some help working with a new install of CentOS8 & Certbot. I installed Certbot from the standard repos (ended up being v1.0.0), but I can’t find any entries for the cloudflare dns plugin per the documentation. Here the list of commands I pushed through:

[root@server ~]# certbot certonly   --dns-cloudflare   --dns-cloudflare-credentials /root/.certbot/cloudflare.ini   -d *.pampered-feet.com
usage: 
  certbot [SUBCOMMAND] [options] [-d DOMAIN] [-d DOMAIN] ...

Certbot can obtain and install HTTPS/TLS/SSL certificates.  By default,
it will attempt to use a webserver both for obtaining and installing the
certificate. 
certbot: error: unrecognized arguments: --dns-cloudflare-credentials /root/.certbot/cloudflare.ini

[root@server ~]# yum list available | grep cloudflare
python3-cloudflare.noarch                            2.3.0-5.el8                                       epel        

[root@server ~]# yum list installed | grep cloudflare

Please advise is there’s a repo I need to add for this. Here’s my current repo list:

[root@server ~]# yum repolist
Last metadata expiration check: 0:07:02 ago on Tue 04 Feb 2020 03:03:52 PM CST.
repo id                    repo name                                                               status
AppStream                  CentOS-8 - AppStream                                                    4,966
BaseOS                     CentOS-8 - Base                                                         1,784
*epel                      Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64                          4,643
*epel-modular              Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Modular 8 - x86_64                      0
extras                     CentOS-8 - Extras                                                           3
remi-modular               Remi's Modular repository for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64                 322
remi-safe                  Safe Remi's RPM repository for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64              2,103

Thanks in advance for your help!

Z

EDIT
The error lists the credentials argument, but running the command without it put out a plugin not installed error:

[root@server ~]# certbot certonly   --dns-cloudflare   -d *.pampered-feet.com
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The requested dns-cloudflare plugin does not appear to be installed
The requested dns-cloudflare plugin does not appear to be installed
2 Likes

None of the Certbot plugins have been packaged for EPEL 8 (yet). It’s probably going to be a long wait until they are.

The official instructions for CentOS 8 are to use certbot-auto, but that’s not going to help you either, because you can’t use DNS plugins with it.

I would say it’s easiest to use something like acme.sh or lego for now.

3 Likes

Oof. So no wildcards for now. Ah well. I guess I’ll just manage multiple Certs until the plugin is available. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for suggesting acme.sh! I was finally able to look at the documentation & a guide for it & installed it & was able to run it through the built-in cloudflare API function.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.