How to extend the expiry date of domain certificate to one year

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:bctsit.bahwancybertek.com

I ran this command: ./getssl --debug bctsit.bahwancybertek.com

It produced this output: It will generate certificates for 3 months.

My web server is (include version): Apache

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): RHEL 6.5 (*86_64)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Hi,

I’m sorry but the expiry date of let’s encrypt certificates will always be 90 days… (As that’s the policy)

That’s why the automated renewal is so important…

If you want an certificate longer than 90 days, please purchase a certificate from other commercial CA…

Thank you

As @stevenzhu mentioned, this 90-day validity period is fixed, and there have been many, many discussions previously on this forum regarding that policy. In fact, the general gist of those is that, if anything were to change, it would be to actually shorten the validity period. Note that there are no plans to do this currently, I’m simply highlighting the notion that short certificate lifespans are a very deliberate aspect of Let’s Encrypt, as they are notably better security practice.

If you would post another topic with some more detail, we’d be happy to help you figure out how to automate the issuance and installation process so that you can just “set it and forget it”, so to speak!

...and like the discussion of non-standard ports, this comes up again, and again, and again. Here's a thread where the subject was extensively discussed:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.