Let's Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain ".......com" (and 1 more)

Hello,

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 1 days (on 22 Jan 22 14:00 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your web site will encounter errors.

i have some websites use these and I don't know how to renew
please help

Thanks

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | mydomain.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

7 Likes

There's some information on expiration emails in this thread:

And in the documentation:

Usually, people are confused when they get an email because they recently changed something about the certificate (adding or removing a domain name), so the original (without the change) is expiring without an exact replacement, so you're alerted but there really isn't anything wrong. But if your certificate actually is expiring soon, then you need to figure out why.

If you are on a "shared hosting" plan, where you don't administrate the web server directly yourself but only through some kind of control panel, then you'd need to talk to your hosting company since they should be handling the certificates for you. If you do administrate the web server yourself, then everything depends on what software was installed (the ACME client), so you need to understand which one that was (certbot, for instance, is a popular choice) and look at its logs to figure out why it's failing to renew.

But without more information from you (like the answers to the questions above), it's really hard to give you any more specific advice than that. There are a bazillion ways a system might be set up to get certificates, and almost as many reasons that it might be failing.

7 Likes

smallpets101.com
www.smallpets101.com

debilitatingdiseases.net
www.debilitatingdiseases.net

mostly4pets.com
www.mostly4pets.com

fibromyalgiacause.com
www.fibromyalgiacause.com

thefibrowarriors.com
www.thefibrowarriors.com

chronicbodypain.net
www.chronicbodypain.net

travelingwithyourcat.com
www.travelingwithyourcat.com

fightfibromyalgia.net
www.fightfibromyalgia.net

These are the sites expiring at end of month:

6 Likes

OK so we know which sites need attention, now all we need in order to help you is answers or your BEST GUESS to the questions posted above. Then we can move forward finding solutions.

5 Likes

There might be a problem created with the challenge request redirections.
It would be simpler to handle the HTTP challenge requests in HTTP [and NOT redirect them].

If you can, please provide the output of:
apachectl -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.