How long does it take for domain to accept Lets Encrypt?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:www.fork-lift-training.co.uk

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:Ipage

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

1 Like

It takes a few seconds to issue a certificate.

Sometimes ACME clients will have other delays, but that’s outside of Let’s Encrypt’s control.

Why do you ask?

Hi @Whino

checking your domain there is a new wildcard certificate, created today - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=fork-lift-training.co.uk#ct-logs

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-09-13 2019-12-12 *.fork-lift-training.co.uk, fork-lift-training.co.uk - 2 entries duplicate nr. 1

The certificate looks good, because it has the two domain names main-domain + wildcard.

But the certificate isn't used, there is a Sectigo-certificate with another domain name:

CN=*.bizland.com, OU=COMODO SSL Wildcard, 
OU=Domain Control Validated
expires in 654 days	*.bizland.com, bizland.com - 2 entries

Looks like you have to install the certificate.

2 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply.

Until now I have had a paid for SSL certificate on my website which I purchased through my host Ipage.com. I only recently realised they offered a let’s encrypt SSL free of charge. My site doesn’t have any transactions associated with it to speak of so, with a week to go, I cancelled the paid for SSL several hours ago and added a Let’s encrypt SSL

I’ve also got some websites on Freehostia.com which is where I discovered Lets Encrypt. When I added SSL to those it took just a few minutes but my main site, the one on Ipage, is showing as insecure.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Tony Sellick

1 Like

Thanks very much for your help. I contacted Ipage and they installed the certificate properly. It’s now working:-)
Kind Regards
Tony

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.