How Do I Start?

I am about to start a new website using Joomla hosted on iPage. So can somebody helpful guy/gal tell me how do I get a free certificate to install on iPage and how do I upload/install on a host that may not allow access to apache core like most hosts.

You get full access to cPanal then what do I need to do so that I can start using https://

I can give my website address if it is necessary as I have not given now as I don’t want to be accused of spamming.

I know the release date is 16th November, 2015 but I need to get started to know the technical bits.
Thank you.

Thank you.

Hello @jtanna.

The 16th November 2015 date is the date when anyone can get a certificate from Let’s Encrypt. During the meantime, you need to have your domain whitelisted.

In addition, since you are using cPanel, I recommend waiting until a LE cPanel plugin is available.
At that point you should be able to request a certificate using a GUI.

@riking,

Thanks for the quick response.

How do I get my domain white-listed? Where do I enter these details so that the process gets going until I get a plugin for iPage cPanel.

Thank you.

@jtanna, you can get your domain(s) whitelisted by signing up for our beta here.

@jtanna, just so you know, I think it’s unlikely that there will be official software support for Let’s Encrypt in cPanel rolled out to all cPanel users during our beta program. (Our beta program ends in one month, to be replaced by general availability of our service.)

Of course, it’s a fine idea to sign up for the beta if you’re interested!