Hostinger, SSL and Automatic Renew

First of all, goodmornig to everyone and sorry for my english because its a little rusty.

As many users know, Hostinger does't support anymore the self install of SSL through SSH and have deprecated his own guide.
Searching for an alternative, i've used the service provided by https://www.sslforfree.com.
Since i haven't great IT skills, this solution is great but have a little issue: i've to manually renew the SSL.

So, i was trying to figure out how to use the CronJob function in Hostinger (from the deprecated guide at Do I Need an SSL Certificate? How SSL Can Protect Your Site)

You can also try to automatically renew Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate with a cron job. For example, in order to automatically renew SSL certificate, you can set cron job to run the following command every other month:

php acme-client/bin/acme issue --domains yourdomain.com:www.yourdomain.com --path /home/

With the SSLforFree service.

Again, i don't know how to do that but i think that it could be useful for most of the hostinger actual and future customers.

Thank you everyone for your help.

1 Like

Hi @briani_davide

if you use sslforfree, you can't create a cron job.

Then manual interaction is always required.

Using services like sslforfree may work if you want to test something. But it's not an automation.

Damn.
So there isn’t a way to “upgrade” the guide from hostinger (so install the SSL using SSH) to make it work and using a cronjob to automatic update the SSL?

Do you have root access? If yes, install Certbot.

Or check one of the other clients.

I think acme.sh is purely bash and don’t need root access. it can work on non-root ssh with webroot configration. but install cert is other beast.

1 Like

this with ignoreing anything godaddy

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.