Help With Let's Encrypt

Hello All
i have this isse Error: Let's Encrypt new auth status 429 hestia panel when i try to install ssl in my panel

any one knows how to fix this issue

regards

That can mean several things and can depend on even more things.

Does it say anything else? What's your domain name?

2 Likes

Error: Let's Encrypt new auth status 429 (thatsdeal.com)

$ podman run --rm -ti certbot/certbot certonly --webroot -w . -d thatsdeal.com --register-unsafely-without-email --agree-tos --verbose
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None
Account registered.
Requesting a certificate for thatsdeal.com
An unexpected error occurred:
Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: thatsdeal.com: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: thatsdeal.com: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

Where are those other certificates?

1 Like

i think i have one ofe them from backup

i was testing a panels
AApanel
hestia panel
CWP
Until i stayed on Hestia panel because of emails working on it

So the error means that you've been abusing the Let's Encrypt services by issuing five identical certs from the production environment within the last week. There is never a good reason to be doing this--if you're testing, there's a testing environment for exactly this purpose. If you have a backup of one of those certs (and its corresponding private key), you can use it. Otherwise, you can wait until a week after the first of those certs was issued.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.