Ssl error code 429

Hello
I get error 429.I use linux reseller.I have more than 100 sites.
How do I get rid of this error code? lara.wyok.net is locked in the subdomain.When does the ban expire? Can’t I get new ssl for a fee?

What was the exact error message? Let's Encrypt has several rate limits.

Let's Encrypt is always free.

The link above explains what the rate limits are and what your options are.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Let’s Encrypt only lets you create 50 new certificates per registered domain per week. For wyok.net, you’ve hit that limit: https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=wyok.net#ct-logs

A certificate is considered “new” if that exact combination of hostnames has never appeared in a Let’s Encrypt certificate before, meaning that renewals don’t count.

With so many subdomains, you have a few options:

• You could use a wildcard. That seems like the most straightforward solution, but it requires using DNS for verification, and it might not be applicable if these subdomains are controlled by different people or groups. If all those subdomains are controlled by you (especially if they’re on the same server), this is probably the best option, especially if you want to add new subdomains in the future.

• You could put multiple subdomains on the same certificate. Let’s Encrypt allows up to 100 domains (SANs) per certificate, so if you have 200 of them, you would only need two certificates. (Again, doesn’t really apply if these subdomains are controlled by different entities.)

• Most inconvenient option: you could just wait. At 50 new certs per week, it would take you three weeks to get the certs for your remaining 150 subdomains. Since renewals don’t count, the rate limit shouldn’t give you issues after that, unless you add more than 50 new subdomains in a particular week (and give them all their own certs).

The rate limit is a “rolling” counter rather than resetting all at once, meaning you’ll be able to get your first new cert once the number of new certs within the last week for your domain hits 49. Based on the page I linked, looks like that’ll happen tomorrow.

"Error 429 for too many requests." isn't an error message returned by Let's Encrypt (at least normally, and as far as I know). Let's Encrypt uses the 429 status code, but it also returns an error message with an explanation of what's going on.

Is the software really not providing any more details? It's hard to be sure what's happening without them. Is there a debug log?

A post was split to a new topic: Ssl 429 - error - controlling all subdomains

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.