Help updating let's encrypt cert wordpress

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: daceng.com

I ran this command: certbot --force-renew -d www.daceng.com spin up standalone webserver

It produced this output: certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: standalone). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: www.daceng.com
Type: unauthorized
Detail: 3.21.89.11 invalid response from https://www.daceng.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/lkdQoGQzrqs61003fC6Kp8sf095uz3yAbapSpspihj8 : 404

My web server is (include version): wordpress

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): wordpress

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: wordpress

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): I don't know

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hello @disturbed1117, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Beware of --force-renew
Before someone jumps on you for the option, please search this community forum on that option so you are prepared for the responses.

Here is the search Search results for '-force-renewal order:latest' - Let's Encrypt Community Support please read some of the Topics and Posts.

However I wasn't expecting to be able to connect to anything on Port 80 since you are using

But yet I did

$ curl -Ii  http://www.daceng.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/sometestfile
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 21:56:15 GMT
Server: Apache
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

And did not see a redirect like here to Port 443

Kindly wait to see if there are more knowledgeable Let's Encrypt community volunteers willing to assist.

1 Like

Please don't use options you don't understand what they do.

3 Likes

I don't know what any of this does. I was just told by the boss to renew the cert because it's expiring. I wasn't given any guidance on how to do it. So I'm just going by articles I found on the web.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.