Having issues installing Let's Encrypt

Hi I am having issues installing the Let's Ecrypt Certificate. This is the error that comes up. Can you please help rectify?

www.fishbids.com.au: Domain could not be validated, error message: error type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized, error detail: 139.180.162.241: Invalid response from https://fishbids.com.au/.well-known/acme-challenge/MvCBfCVxqeunlaZ5NnaJoN96x8n0NU5cSL-XAHoCVSk: 404

My domain is:fishbids.com.au and the domain sits with GoDaddy

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:vultr

I'm using a control panel to manage my site cloudpanel ubuntu

Welcome @marketingjarau

The "404" error means your system did not send the proper response to the Let's Encrypt Server.

When you request a cert your Cloudpanel should create a special token. It then asks the Let's Encrypt server to check that token and issue a certificate. The "404" means your system told the LE Server the token was "not found".

Something is not correctly configured in Cloudpanel or your nginx. You are probably better off asking for help at a Cloudpanel forum. They will know best how their system needs to be setup.

If you don't get any help from them you can come back here. But, we will want to see detailed logs from Cloudpanel and your nginx config.

3 Likes

That shows us that the HTTP requests were heard and redirected to HTTPS.
I call that "a missed opportunity" - where the ACME challenge request could have been answered instead.
That is likely out of your control, but worth the mention.
Perhaps you can bring that to attention of the CloudPanel support.

2 Likes