Got 1 day left renew don't work!

Here is what I get when I run the renew command with my link as X’s.

root@xxxxxx:/etc/letsencrypt/renewal# letsencrypt renew
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/xxxxxx.xxx-0001.conf
2016-11-12 08:20:13,770:WARNING:letsencrypt.cli:Attempting to renew cert from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/xxxxxx.xxx-0001.conf produced an unexpected error: ‘server’. Skipping.
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/xxxxxx.xxx-0002.conf
2016-11-12 08:20:14,221:WARNING:letsencrypt.cli:Attempting to renew cert from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/xxxxxx.xxx-0002.conf produced an unexpected error: ‘server’. Skipping.
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/xxxxxx.xxx-0003.conf
2016-11-12 08:20:14,683:WARNING:letsencrypt.cli:Attempting to renew cert from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/xxxxxx.xxx-0003.conf produced an unexpected error: ‘server’. Skipping.
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/xxxxxx.xxx.conf
2016-11-12 08:20:14,836:WARNING:letsencrypt.cli:Attempting to renew cert from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/xxxxxx.xxx.conf produced an unexpected error: The requested apache plugin does not appear to be installed. Skipping.

All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/xxxxxx.xxx-0001/fullchain.pem (failure)
/etc/letsencrypt/live/xxxxxx.xxx-0002/fullchain.pem (failure)
/etc/letsencrypt/live/xxxxxx.xxx-0003/fullchain.pem (failure)
/etc/letsencrypt/live/xxxxxx.xxx/fullchain.pem (failure)
4 renew failure(s), 0 parse failure(s)
root@xxxxxx:/etc/letsencrypt/renewal#

What can I do so this will renew?

-Raymond Day

I got it to work!

Here is the command I had to do:

root@xxxxxx:/media/6TB/USBdisk2-3TB/root/letsencrypt# ./letsencrypt-auto renew

It did it saying (success) in a lot of lines.

Did the command to test this:

ssl-cert-check -c /etc/letsencrypt/live/xxxxxx.xxx/cert.pem

Now it says 90 days. It was saying 1 day.

Happy now.

-Raymond Day

Yeah. The problem was using an old version of Certbot (your letsencrypt) when your configuration files were generated by a new version of Certbot (/media/6TB/USBdisk2-3TB/root/letsencrypt/letsencrypt-auto).

I did do this command and it seems that it updated the Certbot.

./letsencrypt-auto certonly --renew --email xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com -a manual -d xxxxxx.xxx --dry-run --agree-tos

Even though I had “dry-run” looks like it did it because if I ran it with out the “dry-run” it would say something else not like before were looks like before it was updating the Certbot.

-Raymond Day

The client was renamed to certbot. Using letsencrypt-auto means you’re running an old version of the client, at least an old version of the automated script.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.