Generate certificate problem

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.ucoinswallet.com

I ran this command: ./certbot-auto certonly --email 1335026464@qq.com --agree-tos --webroot -w /home/zhaolu/public_html/ -d *.ucoinswallet.com

It produced this output: Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None
Obtaining a new certificate
Performing the following challenges:
Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS.
Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS.

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):centos6

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):NO

About two months ago, I used this command to generate a certificate, but I accidentally deleted the certificate file, so I deleted all the. conf and two certificate files in preparation for re-application, but this situation occurred.

Hi,

If you want to obtain a wildcard certificate from Let’s Encrypt, you’ll need to do so via DNS-01 validation. (which means add TXT records to your DNS)

P.S. You are using cPanel, so you could use acme.sh which would request / install the certificates directly onto your cPanel domain.

P.S.2 You have a reduced coverage, consider also add the main domain to the same certificate. www.ucoinswallet.com, ucoinswallet.com

Thank you

Hi, thank you for your reply.
I use this command
/ certbot-auto – server https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory-d"*.ucoinswallet.com" – manual – preferred-challenges dns-01 certonly is it possible to apply for a full certificate, which will affect other server websites?

If you want to request a wildcard certificate, use the below command for certbot-auto
./certbot-auto certonly --manual -d *.ucoinswallet.com -d ucoinswallet.com

That's fine, you don't need to specify the server though.

Please note that Manually requested certificates without automation hooks can't be renewed. (you'll need to request a new one every time, instead of ./certbot-auto renew

Thank you

Sorry, the execution of the order you just told me appears. Can you tell me how to deploy this?
Please deploy a DNS TXT record under the name
_ acme-challenge.ucoinswallet.com with the following value:
Q7MqJwQUtU3eeHPhZvRiTBgRksRl6-0E9hdoELQYq4
Before continuing, verify the record is deployed.

Press Enter to Continue
Waiting for verification…
Cleaning up challenges
Failed authorization procedure. ucoinswallet.com (dns-01): urn: ietf: params: acme: error: dns: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for _acme-challenge. ucoinswallet.com
IMPORTANT NOTES:

• The following errors were reported by the server:
    Domain: ucoinswallet.com
    Type: None
    Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for
    _acme-challenge.ucoinswallet.com

Try follow this guide:
https://www.hi-linux.com/posts/6968.html#获取-certbot-客户端

申请通配符证书是要经过 DNS 认证的,接下来需要按照提示在域名后台添加对应的 DNS TXT 记录。添加完成后,确认 TXT 记录是否生效。

Thank you

Hi, hello, I just know my website is deployed on whm. I don’t see TXT records in cpanel. Is there any other way to apply for certificates?

I’m very sorry, I just saw that WHM supports Let’s Encrypt to obtain certificates. Finally, I want to ask if I have obtained a certificate on ssh. If I use WHM to obtain certificates now, will there be any problems?

That's what I've told you since the first reply ... lol

I don't think there would be any issues.

Thank you

My God, I didn’t notice your first reply. Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.