Create SSL with New Domain Error

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: strangersandpilgrims.studio

I ran this command: sudo certbot --apache -d strangersandpilgrims.studio

It produced this output: Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Obtaining a new certificate
Performing the following challenges:
Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA.
Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA.

My web server is (include version): Apache

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 16.04.2 x64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: DigitalOcean

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

I have 2 other domain names on this server that have the SSL certificate. digitalpaper.io and tastesee.co.

I don’t have much knowledge with this so if anyone can help out with clear directions that would be really amazing. Thank you so much!.

You need to upgrade to a newer version of Certbot, or run a slightly different command.

See:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! That worked. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.