Failure to request a certificate

I appreciate your paranoia; you would do well to understand the why and where the advise you are reading is coming from, and see how well aligned or misaligned with you own network and security profile. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There we go

Ok, so the 192.168.x.y is on the wlps4s0 WiFi NIC. That full IP v4 addr is your server's Internal local network IP addr. Put that in the form in post#7 along with the other information.

2 Likes

This should be correct right?

ok apperently the internal port should be 25565 because of minecraft servers

Ok. But for cert renewal (roughly every 60 days) will need TCP Port 80 (and possibly TCP Port 443).

Now your DNS A Record points to a local private IP v4 addr; thus that domain name (presently) is not on the internet.

$ nslookup -q=any creamsmp.ddns.net nf1.no-ip.com.
Server:         nf1.no-ip.com.
Address:        194.62.182.53#53

Name:   creamsmp.ddns.net
Address: 192.168.68.107
1 Like

That's the internal IP address of the server.

I decided to go without pterodactyl and was able to open a minecraft server, but i find that users are unable to connect through the DNS to IP from the port I opened for it (they can't even connect through the internal IP either)

Probably means this topic should be closed, as this isn't really the place to ask how to make it so users can use the DNS to connect through the IP into the server, but I'll see if someone would allow it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.