Error while running apache2ctl graceful. http not running, trying to start

Hi, can someone please tell me what I need to do? I'm quite new and I have no idea what I did wrong or what I missed. :confused:

Thanks a lot and if there is any information I can provide so you can help me please let me know!

PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"

1 Like

1 Like

What is the output of apachectl -S when you run it from the command line?

sudo apachectl -S

1 Like

Welcome to the Let’s Encrypt Community!
The command apache2ctl is not a very commonly used command, and with a good reason. Like Osiris said, it’s best to run

Also, please show the output of
sudo systemctl status apache2

1 Like

It's used by certbot :slight_smile: @nojo didn't run it manually.

1 Like

You might want to try switching to --webroot authentication or certonly for no installation; as the expected apache control files are not available.

2 Likes

@Osiris @Litbelb thanks so much for your prompt help! I was able to fix the problem by first disabling all sites from /sites-enabled, then stop the apache2 server and restart it. also i did some changes in all the .conf files regarding all the sites from /sites-enabled. now my webserver is working again. thanks a lot for your help and input!

2 Likes

@rg305 sorry, I'm a new user and therefore only alowed to mention two users at one time... :smiley:

thanks so much for your prompt help! I was able to fix the problem by first disabling all sites from /sites-enabled, then stop the apache2 server and restart it. also i did some changes in all the .conf files regarding all the sites from /sites-enabled. now my webserver is working again. thanks a lot for your help and input!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.