Error while installation

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: nayangoenka.me

I ran this command: /usr/local/bin/certbot-auto --apache

It produced this output:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/bin/letsencrypt”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 1378, in main
return config.func(config, plugins)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 1140, in run
_install_cert(config, le_client, domains, new_lineage)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 764, in _install_cert
path_provider.cert_path, path_provider.chain_path, path_provider.fullchain_path)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/client.py”, line 507, in deploy_certificate
fullchain_path=fullchain_path)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot_apache/configurator.py”, line 386, in deploy_cert
self._deploy_cert(vhost, cert_path, key_path, chain_path, fullchain_path)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot_apache/configurator.py”, line 493, in _deploy_cert
self._add_dummy_ssl_directives(vhost.path)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot_apache/configurator.py”, line 1460, in _add_dummy_ssl_directives
“insert_cert_file_path”)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot_apache/parser.py”, line 508, in add_dir
self.aug.set(aug_conf_path + “/directive[last() + 1]”, directive)
File “/opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/augeas.py”, line 187, in set
raise ValueError(“Unable to set value to path!”)
ValueError: Unable to set value to path!

My web server is (include version): apache2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ubuntu 14

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot 0.38.0

This looks like a not-yet-understood bug in Certbot - https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/5353 .

Would you be able to post your Apache virtual hosts configuration, so that we can try and reproduce the problem?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.