Error: LE domain.com validation

As a result of an error when debugging a script, I got this error
I confess I was inattentive
I now need to wait a week to reset the limit?

That error is very non-specific. What software did you get it from? Is that the entire message?

If you have a failed validation attempt, you can try again immediately. If you have five in a row, you have to wait for one hour. The rate limits that require waiting for a week are only those where you’ve issued too many certificates for the same domain name.

The error looks like this
error1
Vesta php5-fpm+nginx
I have a second case, too many certificates issued.When debugging a script, I inadvertently requested the certificate too many times in a short time.Now comes to wait a week?
Own fault, carelessness and distracted.Before that, with the certificate, everything was fine

You can learn about the rate limits at

https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

It’s not really clear what the reason for this particular error was. But if you were allowed to try to get it and then you just failed the validation for a reason that you understand, you should be allowed to try again in an hour.

For this case, you probably do have to wait a week. You could try to check with

I’ll wait a week.Limit in any way can not be reset?I still manually set a certificate that I had in the backup.But I can not get a new one

No, it can’t be reset.

Checked out, I requested a certificate of 7 times.
So it exceeded the limit.
I’ll wait a week.

The limit is exactly reset in a week?

Yes, as in 168 hours after the issuance of the first certificate that contributed to the rate limit.

1 Like

Understood thanks.
Now I’ll be careful. As long as it’s so.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.