Too much requests

Hi there
My domain is:
flagstone.ro

I ran this command:
I’m using virtualmin for generating let’s encrypt certificates.

It produced this output:
Too Many Requests` …“Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for…

I’m newbie in web. and I pressed to much times the generate button assuming that there is an problem with the certificate as my prestashop store is not going to https://

After I figure it out what to do in prestashop, I went back to generate a new certificate, and of course it gave me an answer explaining me I’m abussing it :slight_smile:

My question: is there a chance to reset the number for my domain?

Thx

That is what the testing (staging) environment was designed for.
Try TESTING on a TEST system.

But to answer your question: Yes, TIME will eventually reset all numbers back to zero.
See: Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

Yeah, I know. is too late for testing server :slight_smile:
But thank anyway for the answer.

But wait. on the page sent by you says:
The main limit is Certificates per Registered Domain (50 per week).

For sure I didn’t pressed so much. max 10 times

“But to answer your question: Yes, TIME will eventually reset all numbers back to zero.”
TIMES = ?

I can say this post is SOLVED, CLOSED

TIME = “You’ll need to wait until the rate limit expires after a week”

Thx again

1 Like

There are multiple rate limits, but since you didn't post the entire error message, we can't say for sure which one you hit (though all of them are documented on that page). But the one you most likely hit is "identical certificates", which are certificates with exactly the same domains, and for which the limit is not more than five per week.

1 Like

I’m getting this error
request failed : Web-based validation failed :

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None Starting new HTTPS connection (1): acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org An unexpected error occurred: TypeError: str returned non-string (type Error) Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.

DNS-based validation failed :

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log Plugins selected: Authenticator manual, Installer None Starting new HTTPS connection (1): acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org An unexpected error occurred: TypeError: str returned non-string (type Error) Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.

Not sure is about too much requests, is looking more like an error in communication with let’s encrypt, i don’t know…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.