Doubt with domain ending in tec.br

Dear Colleagues,

I’ll start by apologizing for the typos. I am Brazilian and not much knowledge of the English language.

I registered a new domain, henrique.tec.br. As usual, I’m trying to implement the Let’s Encrypt certificate on it.

I run the following command:

letsencrypt --webroot certonly -d henrique.tec.br -d password.henrique.tec.br -d phpmyadmin.henrique.tec.br -d www.henrique.tec.br -w /var/www/html

It is the same procedure that I do with all the domains that I have running on my server.

However, in this case, I am getting the following error:

“There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for: tec.br: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

From what I understand, it is as if Let’s Encrypt was recognizing henrique.tec.br as if it were a subdomain of the tec.br domain and that many certificates have already been created for the tec.br domain.

That’s what I’m getting at. Can someone help me?
The version of the server’s operating system is Debian GNU / Linux 9.13 (stretch).

Let’s Encrypt was installed from this tutorial:

Obs .: With all the others my domains work, only the one that doesn’t want to work.

I will be very grateful if anyone can help me!

Kind regards,

Henrique Fagundes

2 Likes

Just adding to this thread that I also have this issue with a .dev.br domain.

Both of these are new first level domains, in fact (not user domains), under the Registro.br registrar, among others as follows in the complete list:

• app.br
  • dev.br
  • log.br
  • seg.br
  • tec.br
  • bib.br
  • des.br
  • det.br
  • enf.br
  • coz.br
  • geo.br
  • rep.br

You can see the official list of new first-level domains in the official announcement (in Portuguese) or the FLD category list (also in Portuguese).

Therefore, they should be treated the same way as, say, “.com.br”.

1 Like

Hi @HenriqueBR & @EpicEric,

Let’s Encrypt relies on a list called Public Suffix List and pull domains/zones from there to determine tld (on rate limit).

From the commits on GitHub, i think the operators from .br domains submitted and merged these domains 10 days ago Source. (10 days is relatively new in all means)

I think Let’s Encrypt will take some time to merge the new updates, pinging @jsha for more information.

5 Likes

Hi @HenriqueBR

there is already a PR:

Check

This change will be deployed into production on July 30th, 2020 @ ~17:30 UTC.

6 Likes

Thank you! Thanks to everyone who responded.

As I understand it, my “problem” will resolve itself, after the 30th of July.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s correct.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.