Display diffrent account when renew or install ssl certificate

Dear Friends,

When i install or renew my letsencrypt certificate through cloudflare dns its was showing two different account, can anyone help me sort out this problem. if anything want know please tell me,

Thank you :slight_smile:

My domain is: restaurant-opt3.yesdiner.com"

I ran this command: certbot certonly --noninteractive --dns-cloudflare --dns-cloudflare-credentials /root/.cloudflare/.lini -d “restaurant-opt3.yesdiner.com

It produced this output: its prompt select two different account.

My web server is (include version): apache 2.4.6

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: AWS

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): i’m using terminal

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot 0.39.0

1 Like

Hi @sudeshputha,

Is it possible that you used the certbot register command two different times? Most users don’t need to use this command at all, but some tutorials might suggest it even though it’s not necessary in most situations.

Do you have several existing certificates? Could you show us the output of running this command?

sudo grep -r account /etc/letsencrypt/renewal

The output of this command will contain some alphanumeric data related to your Let’s Encrypt accounts, but this particular data isn’t secret (it’s not a key or a password) and can be shared publicly on the forum.

If it turns out that you have multiple accounts registered but only one is in use, we can help you delete the unused account so that Certbot will stop asking you this question.

2 Likes

Hi schoen, Thank you for quick reply for my post. after ran grep -r account /etc/letsencrypt/renewal command it shows two accounts.

i need those two accounts for my shared server,now problem is its prompt to select two accounts while install lets encrypt certificate.before that it was automatically install relevant certificates no need to select account.because i have added cloudflare .ini configuaration details,

could you please give me solution to avoid this situation?

1 Like

Why do you need two different Let’s Encrypt accounts? Do they have different notification e-mail address attached to them or something?

If you use certbot renew to renew a certificate, all of the existing options related to that account will be used, including the same account that was used to obtain it.

If you have multiple accounts and you run a command where Certbot would normally ask you which account to use, you can use the --account option on the command line to tell Certbot which one you want it to use. It should be followed by the account ID (for example, the same string that you would see in the account line in a file in /etc/letsencrypt/renewal).

2 Likes

Hi schoen, We have two cloudflare account for staging and live environments, there for we have used two lets encrypt accounts. But we have used only lets encrypt account email. before this happend it will install and renew without prompting account selection. i want to it will automatically install & renew process.Thats the my problem?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @sudeshputha,

The Let’s Encrypt account can be used for different domains and certificates, including for different domains and certificates that you obtain in a different way (with different authentication mechanisms). You don’t need multiple Let’s Encrypt accounts for this.

Would you be willing to set all of your certificates to use a single Let’s Encrypt account and then delete the other one?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.