Disable SSL on specific page

I have just set up LetsEncrypt on Ubuntu 14.04 running on a Digital Ocean Droplet, I followed this tutorial:

I’m currently looking to restrict SSL from one page on my website, as my payment provider does not support SNI, they recommended me to “Remove the SSL certificate from the page Worldpay is trying to send the message to:”, how would I go about this using the .htaccess file? I’m getting rather confused about the regex. My currently .htaccess file is:

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] # END WordPress

The page I’m currently trying to remove is:
https://mywebsite/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-gateway-worldpay/wpcallback.php

Discussed in earlier thread at

where I linked to another forum that has a suggested answer.

I find it concerning that a payment processor can't support SNI for an API call. The SNI technology was standardized in 2003. A vendor in the payments industry who doesn't support it today doesn't inspire great confidence in its technical sophistication.

1 Like

Yes I find it strange as well, unfortunately they’ve been around for a lot longer than most payment providers and have a considerable market share, just haven’t adapted to the times.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.