Configuration subdomain on another server

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: promouau.com.br

I have a domain allocated on one server and subdomain running on another server, but I can not generate the certificate on the server where the subdomain is running. How can I solve? The error that is returning is this:

reating virtual environment…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/virtualenv.py”, line 2363, in
main()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/virtualenv.py”, line 719, in main
symlink=options.symlink)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/virtualenv.py”, line 988, in create_environment
download=download,
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/virtualenv.py”, line 918, in install_wheel
call_subprocess(cmd, show_stdout=False, extra_env=env, stdin=SCRIPT)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/virtualenv.py”, line 812, in call_subprocess
% (cmd_desc, proc.returncode))
OSError: Command /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/python2.7 - setuptools pkg_resources pip wheel failed with error code 1

Bom dia @jonatangouveia,

Could you please tell us what command you ran? Some form of certbot-auto?

@bmw, would you be willing to look into another possible pip problem?

sudo -H ./letsencrypt-auto certonly --standalone -d cliente.promouau.com.br

Do you have python 2 installed on that system? Currently, the *-auto script only supports Python 2.6 and 2.7.

If the script still doesn’t work after making sure Python 2 is installed, can you provide the full output of:

sudo -H ./letsencrypt-auto certonly --standalone -d cliente.promouau.com.br --verbose

I checked the Python version;

root@ip-172-31-0-33:/home/ubuntu# python -V
Python 2.7.12

Great. What about the output of:

sudo -H ./letsencrypt-auto certonly --standalone -d cliente.promouau.com.br --verbose

I generated the certificate on the server where the main domain is running, and I configured it later on the server where the subdomain is running. Thank you for your attention!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.