Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: *.matrixorigin.io

I ran this command: certbot --nginx

It produced this output:
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Please enter the domain name(s) you would like on your certificate (comma and/or
space separated) (Enter 'c' to cancel): *.matrixorigin.io
Renewing an existing certificate for *.matrixorigin.io
Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS.
Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @sukki37, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

Please show:
certbot certificates

3 Likes

The nginx authenticator plugin does not support the dns-01 challenge, which is required for a wildcard certificate.

@rg305 You know what would help? For Certbot to output the plugins used with the certificates subcommand! I build that feature into my own Certbot luckily, but alas, the official Certbot does not have that.. :cry:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.