Client with GUI for Windows?

Is there any client for Windows with GUI? I just want to generate needed files on my computer and copy certificate on my server (it’s shared hosting, so I don’t have access to shell). I saw Certify The Web, but it allows to use only few DNSes, which I don’t want to use just to get SSL certificate.

In general our recommendation for people using shared hosting providers is to request that they support automatic certificate issuance through Let’s Encrypt. Some common hosting software, like cPanel, now offers Let’s Encrypt plugins.

As far as I know there is no GUI client for Windows. I would also discourage you from issuing and uploading certificates manually. You will need to do it again every sixty days, and if you forget or miss a step, your site will become unavailable due to an expired certificate.

If your hosting provider doesn’t offer any automated certificate issuance, you might even consider switching hosting providers (though I recognize this is often a lot of work).

60 days? Not 90 days?

Certificates expire after 90 days, but we strongly encourage everyone to renew at 60 days. Sometimes at renewal time you may discover an unexpected problem. For instance, maybe your DNS provider handling DNSSEC incorrectly, or maybe your hosting provider no longer allows you to upload files to solve challenges. You want to make sure you have at least 30 days to resolve such problems before your site goes offline due to expiration.

1 Like

Good to know, can you at least recommend me some easy client with ACMEv2 support for windows or ubuntu (using bash on windows)? Something which won’t need me to do a lot of work with my current options?

I’m afraid I don’t know of any other Windows clients that support ACMEv2. Sorry!

My provider supports this in more expensive plans, however it seems that I found solution, which will allow to automate whole process. My provider disabled automatic Let's Encrypt certificate issuance, but I can still use DirectAdmin API and cron, so I can just do couple requests to DirectAdmin to automatically add acme-challenge TXT records, remove them after verification and also automatically add new certificate. Now I just need to find the best PHP client for this job (there's 4 with ACMEv2 support) and I will be ready to get SSL certificate for my domain and fully automate it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help! Now I know, that I should renew certificates at about 60 days, in case somethiing bad happens.

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear that you’ve found a good solution!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.