Certificate Renewal Issue

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.sanssoucie.ca

I ran this command: I am not techy and have no idea.

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Bluehost?

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Bluehost

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

What's the exact "issue" with regard to renewing?

I can see your certificate is indeed expiring on 04-04-2024 and thus according to the recommendations from Let's Encrypt usually would have been renewed by now.

That said, do you encounter some error somewhere? If so, what error?

If you don't know if you have root access, you must have some other way of managing your website? This is usually done with a control panel. Popular panels are cPanel or Plesk for example.

Could it be Squarespace perhaps? Because the webserver identifies itself as "Squarespace" and the IP address of your website is also from Squarespace.
It looks like only your DNS is hosted by Bluehost.

2 Likes

I keep getting an error saying the certificate expired in 2018. when I am in the CPanel.

Well, that's clearly not the case if you go to your website and check the certificate.

Is that cPanel the control panel for your actual website? Or perhaps just for your DNS with Bluehost? (Not sure here.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.