Certbot challenge for subdomains with wildcard

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: bardhome.de

I ran this command: certbot run -a manual -i nginx -d *.bardhome.de

It produced this output:

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Plugins selected: Authenticator manual, Installer nginx

Requesting a certificate for *.bardhome.de

Performing the following challenges:

dns-01 challenge for bardhome.de

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please deploy a DNS TXT record under the name
_acme-challenge.bardhome.de with the following value:
ODSRq86u-jtw1UoqMsfEpNOnMNjFM4DfuOJD_HGeUmM
Before continuing, verify the record is deployed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Press Enter to Continue
Waiting for verification...
Challenge failed for domain bardhome.de
dns-01 challenge for bardhome.de
Cleaning up challenges
Some challenges have failed.

My web server is (include version): nginx container for docker

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ubuntu 20

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: none

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

######################################

I entered the following text to my dns record at domainssaubillig.de:

_acme-challenge.example.com. 300 IN TXT "ODSRq86u-jtw1UoqMsfEpNOnMNjFM4DfuOJD_HGeUmM"

When I do the challenge for the subdomains manually (so no wildcard, but single domains p.ex. test.bardhome.de, subdomain.bardhome.de), its works. But I like to use the wildcard.

Did you really add the TXT record for example.com ? Because your JPG of the result also showed example as the name.

And, how did you verify the TXT record sync'd in all your authoritative name servers before proceeding?

Many thanks.

And, how did you verify the TXT record sync'd in all your authoritative name servers before proceeding?

How can I verify this?

Various ways. Many times the auth servers sync fairly fast so waiting a minute may be enough. But, I see you have some issues with your DNS setup that need fixing.

You can use dig to lookup TXT records. Or, use this site which uses a method similar to how Let's Encrypt does it. Notice the SERVFAIL error. It is OK to not have a TXT record (right now) but a lookup should get a not found - not a SERVFAIL.

Check the errors reported by this site for likely causes
https://dnsviz.net/d/bardhome.de/dnssec/

EDIT: Added link for "use this site"