Can't secure the wildcard domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: glavair.eu

I ran this command: -

It produced this output: -

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)‬

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: server4you (dedicated server)

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes, but i don’t understand it

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Plesk Obisdian 18.0.26

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): -

Hi,

First time here, probably not the first topic about this issue, but first time i’ve got this trouble

Keep getting the same error when i want to secure the wildcard domain.

First i receive this

Please wait while Plesk finishes adding a DNS record with the following parameters:
Record type: TXT
Domain name: _acme-challenge .glavair.eu
Record: **************************

So i go to my DNS settings in PLESK and enter what i must enter

And then when i click "Reload, i receive next message

Error: Could not issue a Let’s Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for glavair.eu . Authorization for the domain failed.
Details:

Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/4152425059.
Details:
Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized
Detail: No TXT record found at _acme-challenge.glavair.eu

So who can help me out here???

I can access SSH, but don’t know how that works, so please be gentle :wink:

Thanks

Greetz

Michael

Hi,

Is your domain’s DNS hosted in this server?
If it does, then you shouldn’t do anything in this process beside clicking buttons (or refreshing in Plesk panel).

If it doesn’t, then you should consider adding the records to the actual DNS panel.

This is most likely Plesk trying to do that automatically… What would happen if you just wait for Plesk to complete the process?

Thank you

Hi,

When i try to get the wildcard, the text and url is automatic added to my DNS settings in Plesk, i just have to confirm this DNS setting which i do, but still doesn’t work.

This is the complete error i receive

Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for glavair.eu
Details

Could not issue a Let’s Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for glavair.eu . Authorization for the domain failed.
Details

Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/4156459821.

Details:

Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized

Detail: No TXT record found at _acme-challenge.glavair.eu

I tried to enter it also in my Powerpanel from server4you, but also a negative result.

I don’t know if this matter, but my DNS in the Powerpanel at server4you says

Subdomain = -/- => NS => ns10..de
Subdomain = -/- => NS => ns9.
*.de

and in my Plesk panel it says

Host = glavair.eu => NS => ns1.glavair.eu.
Host = glavair.eu => NS => ns2.glavair.eu.

And my website runs on ns10 and ns9.

Thx

Michael

Since your website runs on NS10 and 9, which are completely different NS servers, you should add the requested TXT records on your DNS control panel (the one you manage real DNS records).
This is because any public CAs will query the NS server you domain specified, and since your Plesk server uses its own NS, it’s not going to sync changes to the Powerpanel.

Hi Steven,

I’ve added the txt, url and record @ my server4you server.
Waited for more then an 1h to try it again, but still the same error

“No TXT record found at _acme-challenge.glavair.eu”

If you want i can give you my logins so you can see/try it yourself

Thanks

Michael

Hi @Spotter2004

now you have created the wrong entry - see https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=glavair.eu#txt

Your menu adds your domain name, so your domain name is duplicated.

Must look like

So create an entry only with _acme-challenge as domain name.

Solved

Thx for the help!!!

Greetz

Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.