Auto-Renew Dokku Hetzner Ubuntu Issue

Dear,

do you know why I am not able to auto renew my existing certificate?

Thank you

My domain is:

I ran this command: dokku letsencrypt:auto-renew app

It produced this output: app still has 48d, 4h, 46m, 49s left before renewal

My web server is (include version): admin.doxat.ba (backend) i.e. doxat.ba

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ubuntu

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Hetzner

I am ussing Dokku on Hetzner Cloud Server on Ubuntu.

1 Like

1 Like

Hi @abstract999 Welcome to the community!

At first glance this is what I see:

Screenshot_2021-07-28_09-29-14

So you are good to go until renewal sometime around September 25, 2021 unless I am missing something or don't understand what you are expecting to see?

Please advise.

3 Likes

No, I want to auto renew the backend. That what you see is frontend. I want to auto renew backend i.e. admin.doxat.ba

I want that there is configured auto renewal, because I do not have time allways for my client to login with SSH and do it manually.

2 Likes

OK so according to crt.sh | admin.doxat.ba

You have a valid certificate:

ID: 4536300239 Obtained: 2021-05-16 Valid Until: 2021-08-14 for admin.doxat.ba

Logically it should be renewed any time, but will continue to work for you until it expires, or you can get it renewed successfully. (I am guessing that is your intent)

The cert you are serving for "admin"... is valid only for strapi.doxat.ba and doesn't include your "backend" :blush:

I recommend you use/renew that cert via the method you used to initially obtain it.
Somehow I don't think that was the answer you are looking for?

EDIT: AUTO RENEW! I am not familiar with dokku or it's auto renew feature(s) Someone else here will have to pick up to help you resolve this. Sorry for the confusion I understand now.

In the meantime this thread might help?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.