Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.
My domain is: https://thylbert.synology.me:51276/
I ran this command: N/A
It produced this output: N/A
My web server is (include version): N/A
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Synology DSM 6.X
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: N/A
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t know
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Yes, DSM 6.X
The version of my client is (e.g. output of
certbot --version or
certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): N/A
I have 2 Synology Diskstations. Same network.
- https://thylbert.synology.me:51276 > Let’s Encrypt certificate is working
- https://192.168.1.12:5001 > Let’s Encrypt certificate is not working (but been delivered by padlock information)
Also, the first diskstation is reachable over WebDav from different LAN (RaiDrive over Win10 64bit)
I have no modem redirects.
I don’t use a domain name.
4 vital questions:
- I cannot seem to figure out how the first one uses port 51276, it’s not set up in the DSM at all. And the default HTTPS port is 5001. However it works and I don’t know why it’s working. So I am not eager to bleep around with it… don’t want to get it broken. But main question here is: ‘Why it uses port 51276 and where this setting came from’
- The same set up was done on the 2nd diskstation, it says that I have an Let’s Encrypt Authority X3 certificate, however the browser says it’s invalid. When I click on the padlock I can see all the details, when it was issued and such.
- If WebDav and HTTPS only works with your own domain name, how come the 1st Synology is working in fact? I just used the Synology DDNS really, but didn’t put any records on any of my domains.
- Why does the 2nd Diskstation uses an IP and not thylbert2.synology.me:5001
Been trying to troubleshoot this one for over 3 weeks. Made a support ticket on the Synology Community Forums and after 14 days still no answer.
You can check my support question here: https://community.synology.com/enu/forum/16/post/125971
I’m fairly new with all of this, learning fast however, it seems the community of Let’s Encrypt is my last resort.
Would love to get a greater understanding of all this. And have 2x Synology NAS with HTTPS and WebDav up and running!