Where can i get let's encrypt ssl for free?

Hello i am looking for a Free SSL and finally see let’s encrypt is free.
But i don’t know how to get it. There is no option of lets encrypt ssl in my cpanel.’
I tried : https://www.sslforfree.com/ for a free ssl.
But i failed in verification. It’s hard process. Showing 404 error though i upload files as their instructions.

My domain is: www.smallprogrammers.com

Anyway is there anyway that i can get a ssl for free ?

thanks in advanced.

Do you at least have an option to install a SSL certificate in your cPanel? Or do you have root access to your server? Or do you have a shared plan for your website?

I was analyzing your website and I see that you already have a current security certificate. That means you can install ssl through sslforfree
If you like I will guide you step by step in the verification.

1 Like

Hello @honda,
Thank you very much for your reply.

I tired more than 3 hours to freessl.But I can’t verify my identity (FTP or Manual file Upload, Manual file upload to wellknown,acmechallenge shows 404 error) thenI have installed Comodo SSL.

I would like to know how do install free ssl. If you can tell me pls tell me step by step. It will veru helpful for me.

Thanks in advanced

Did you upload to /.well-known/acme-challenge/ ?

Thank you

The presence of the validation file at the right location in /.well-known/acme-challenge is necessary in order for the certificate issuance to proceed. There is no other secret or trick or step—this file has to be available at the right place. You can test it with a web browser after uploading it.

If it doesn't appear on the site, then you might have uploaded it in the wrong place, or your web server might be configured not to serve files from /.well-known.

This means that your hosting provider is using an out-of-date version of cPanel, or has deliberately decided not to let you use the free certificate option in cPanel. This might be a good argument for bringing up the issue with your hosting provider, or switching to a different web host.

Hi,

Your site is using NameCheap hosting… Not sure whether you are purchasing that directly from NameCheap or from a reseller. But just want to let you know that NameCheap offers free comodo positive SSL certificate for hosting (but sadly that’s only possible if you purchase the hosting directly from NameCheap). If you don’t find that certificate, raise a support ticket to NameCheap.

Also, NameCheap usually does not block the .well-known/acme-challenge/ directory for customers, you should be able to place a file under that.

Could you please try to place a file under /public_html/.well-known/acme-challenge/ ?

Please share us the link after you placed the file.

Thank you

Hello,
Thanks for reply.

1.Yes Namecheap Hosting
2.Directly Purchase
3. Free Comodo SSL for first year only

I opened a support ticket and seems now my acme folder working.

Thanks all for help :slight_smile:

Outdate version of cpanel? :frowning:

One more thing i am very interested to know. Is Lets encryp SSL is free for lifetime or first year only bro ?

Let's Encrypt is always free. It's run by a non-profit to improve Internet security.

They're not trying to suck people in and bill them later.

(Additionally, Let's Encrypt certificates are valid for 90 days, not 1 year. It's recommended to renew them about every 60 days.)

It's completely free of charge.

1 Like

Wow great... Thanks Schoen for your information.

I read your given link (FAQ). :slight_smile:

I am donating a little $. :slight_smile: hehe

Thanks again for awesome works. Carry on :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.