What to do when certificates no longer needed?

I have 17 domains, previously using Let's Encrypt SSL certificates.

My hosting provider used to be GoDaddy and now it is InMotion Hosting

I run several non-profit organizations. Several years ago, due to this wonderful community, I was able to figure out how to use free Let's Encrypt SSL certificates on GoDaddy (who does not support Let's Encrypt). [I posted the instructions in a prior post at the time.]

However, I've now moved to a new hoster who uses a different SSL certificate, and no longer need the SSL certificates from GoDaddy. I've already moved all the websites and set up the new SSL. I've cancelled the cron job on GoDaddy and deleted all of the files and cancelled my hosting there. I thought, without the cron job, that the certificates would naturally expire, but it's been more than a month and I'm still getting emails like this one:

Hello,
Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 10 days (on 23 Nov 21 06:07 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your web site will encounter errors.
We recommend renewing certificates automatically when they have a third of their total lifetime left. For Let's Encrypt's current 90-day certificates, that means renewing 30 days before expiration. See Integration Guide - Let's Encrypt for details.
taichipark-masterjoutsunghwa.org
taijiquanenthusiasts.org
www.taijiquanenthusiasts.org
For any questions or support, please visit: https://community.letsencrypt.org/ Unfortunately, we can't provide support by email.
For details about when we send these emails, please visit: Expiration Emails - Let's Encrypt In particular, note that this reminder email is still sent if you've obtained a slightly different certificate by adding or removing names. If you've replaced this certificate with a newer one that covers more or fewer names than the list above, you may be able to ignore this message.
If you are receiving this email in error, unsubscribe at:
You've been unsubscribed
Please note that this would also unsubscribe you from other Let's Encrypt service notices, including expiration reminders for any other certificates.
Regards,
The Let's Encrypt Team

Should I just unsubscribe or is there something else I should do to communicate that these certificates are no longer needed?

Thank you for your help.
CJ Rhoads

2 Likes

Yes, if you do not plan to resume use of Lets Encrypt in the next year then unsubscribe is fine. For more details see:

Or, you could just ignore the emails just like all the spam you (probably) receive :slight_smile:

They will stop once each certificate expires.

5 Likes

Thanks so much!
Peace
CJ

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.