Website no longer loads after installing CertBot

I am quite new to GCP and learning to set up web hosting and set up SSL certificate.
I am not sure what is wrong and where to fix after installing certbot. The website was working now it no longer loads. I suspect there may be something wrong with port directions but do not know how to fix the issue.

My domain is:

I ran this command: $ sudo apache2ctl -S

It produced this output:
VirtualHost configuration:
*:443 (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/
*:80 (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/
ServerRoot: “/etc/apache2”
Main DocumentRoot: “/var/www/html”
Main ErrorLog: “/var/log/apache2/error.log”
Mutex default: dir="/var/run/apache2/" mechanism=default
Mutex mpm-accept: using_defaults
Mutex watchdog-callback: using_defaults
Mutex rewrite-map: using_defaults
Mutex ssl-stapling-refresh: using_defaults
Mutex ssl-stapling: using_defaults
Mutex ssl-cache: using_defaults
PidFile: “/var/run/apache2/”
User: name=“www-data” id=33
Group: name=“www-data” id=33

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: GCP

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

Hi @fawnberry

checking your domain you see some errors -

Domainname Http-Status redirect Sec. G 301
Html is minified: 100,00 % 0.610 A 301
Html is minified: 100,00 % 0.604 A -4 1.180 W
SendFailure - The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format. 503 Html is minified: 100,00 % 8.993 N
Service Unavailable
Certificate error: RemoteCertificateNameMismatch GZip used - 3720 / 10985 - 66,14 % 200 Html is minified: 149,19 % 1.703 Q

http works.

https + non-www - port 443 is a http port, not a https port.
https + www - port 443 works, but the certificate is wrong, there is a certificate, OU=PremiumSSL, 
OU=SysAdmin, O=Endurance International Group, 
STREET=70 Blanchard Road, L=Burlington, 
S=Massachusetts, PostalCode=01803, C=US
expires in 132 days, - 2 entries

Hi! I have just figured out what went wrong. Looks like my config files just needed an update and reload. After I have done that it is now working.

Thank you for the quick response.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.