Hello,

My domain is:
win10.hostsila.org
win11.hostsila.org
wp1.hostsila.org

I ran this command:
We try install certificat via plugin Let’s Encrypt in control panel Plesk

It produced this output:
Error: urn:acme:error:rateLimited :: There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: hostsila.org

My operating system is (include version):
On server wp1.hostsila.org: ‪CloudLinux Server 6.8
On server win10.hostsila.org and win11.hostsila.org: Microsoft Windows Server 2012

My web server is (include version):
On server wp1.hostsila.org:Apache/2.2.15
On server win10.hostsila.org and win11.hostsila.org: Microsoft IIS 8.0

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Plesk version 12.5.30

Thanks.

Hi @hostpro,

It looks like you have hit one of our rate limits. Do your logs show successful attempts to issue a certificate this week?

Hello,

We have this problem on all three server.It’s strange. Below is a clipping from the log file:
{
“type”: “urn:acme:error:rateLimited”,
“detail”: “Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: hostsila.org”,
“status”: 429
}
2017-01-24 16:58:29,493:DEBUG:acme.client:Storing nonce: vXCN31zeaOgNP3etROh5wyZwtu_FWlem8n-qSE5UlD8
2017-01-24 16:58:29,494:DEBUG:certbot.main:Exiting abnormally:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv/bin/certbot”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv.6oXSw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 849, in main
return config.func(config, plugins)
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv.6oXSw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 575, in run
action, lineage = _auth_from_available(le_client, config, domains, certname)
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv.6oXSw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 107, in _auth_from_available
lineage = le_client.obtain_and_enroll_certificate(domains, certname)
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv.6oXSw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/client.py”, line 291, in obtain_and_enroll_certificate
certr, chain, key, _ = self.obtain_certificate(domains)
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv.6oXSw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/client.py”, line 272, in obtain_certificate
return (self.obtain_certificate_from_csr(domains, csr, authzr=authzr)
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv.6oXSw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/client.py”, line 243, in obtain_certificate_from_csr
authzr)
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv.6oXSw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/acme/client.py”, line 318, in request_issuance
headers={‘Accept’: content_type})
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv.6oXSw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/acme/client.py”, line 667, in post
return self._check_response(response, content_type=content_type)
File “/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv.6oXSw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/acme/client.py”, line 570, in _check_response
raise messages.Error.from_json(jobj)
Error: urn:acme:error:rateLimited :: There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: hostsila.org

Thanks.

That's expected based on the rate limit being for the hostsila.org domain. It isn't specific to your server or account, but that domain and subdomains.

Do your logs show successful attempts to issue a certificate this week? You only shared the portion of the logs that contains the failure due to the rate limit.

Where we can find logs?

The logs would be on your server … although looking at the transparency logs - https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/https/ct/?hl=en#domain=hostsila.org&incl_exp=false&incl_sub=true&token=CAA%3D&issuer=PXWihF9pDUM%3D you are obtaining 20 / week.

How many subdomains do you have overall that you need certs for ?

We need certs for 3 subdomains.

It looks as if you obtained 20 on the 12th, and 20 more on the 19th. You should be able to obtain more on the 26th.

1 Like

We can try get cert 26th january?

correct - you should be fine towards the end of the day on the 26th.

1 Like

Hello,

Ok.

Thank you.

I have yet one question: plugin for plesk not support OS windows 2008. Can you fix this issue or plugin supporting only OS windows 2012 and above?

Thanks.

You would need to talk to the plesk plugin developers for that ( they are independent of Let’s Encrypt )

Ok.

Thank you for assist.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.