WACS - How it works ? Importing a certificate to another server

Hello.

I ran this code once and now I automatically receive a certificate for my service every 3 months.

wacs.exe --target manual --host rdcb01.ladesol-tambov.com --certificatestore My --installation iis,script --installationsiteid 1 --script "Scripts\ImportRDSFull.ps1" --scriptparameters "{CertThumbprint}"

In the task scheduler, I see this:

Снимок

Question: How does it re-issue a new certificate and install it for the web server(IIS) if no script is used here?

How can I automate the process of installing a certificate on a second server? rdcb02.ladesol-tambov.com

You should ask questions like this on the win-acme github page but from my understanding the actual details of the renewals are held in C:\ProgramData\win-acme\acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org\*.renewal.json

Your other server will need a different certificate unless you are trying to load balance the same name.

I would also recommend you check out my app https://certifytheweb.com if you are looking to automate a bunch of certificates/services. It does the same things but in a more easy to see way.

1 Like

I want to issue a certificate for a mail server(Exchange - DAG). And install all 3 servers. How can i do this?

Sorry I'm not an Exchange administrator so I don't know the details. If all servers will have the same certificate then use once machine to get the certificate then use scripting to deploy to the other servers.

Most of the popular Let's Encrypt tools support scripting so that you can run your owns scripts when your certificate has renewed.

For instance, for Certify If you already have a working script you can adapt it to be a PowerShell Script deployment task. See https://docs.certifytheweb.com/docs/script-hooks - the specific actions you need to perform will vary depending on your services and the environment you are deploying to. There usually isn't one re-built script you can run that just does it all although there are many you can adapt.

Here is an example script by another Certify The Web user:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.