Unable to Generate Certificate - "Nothing to do"

I’ve been trying to get this working, but am having problems. I understand it is supposed to ask for an e-mail address and to verify I agree to the terms and conditions, but I haven’t made it that far yet.

Originally, I had the error message of “No package python-virtualenv available”, but I was able to get that resolved through this line: sudo yum install epel-release

But I can get no further. This is where I am at this point:

`./letsencrypt-auto --apache -d mydomain.com -d www.mydomain.com
Bootstrapping dependencies for RedHat-based OSes…
yum is /usr/bin/yum
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

• base: centos.host-engine.com
  • elrepo: ord.mirror.rackspace.com
  • epel: mirror.steadfast.net
  • extras: mirror.steadfast.net
  • updates: mirror.cisp.com
    Package python-2.6.6-64.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package python-devel-2.6.6-64.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package python-virtualenv-1.10.1-1.el6.noarch already installed and latest version
    Nothing to do
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Setting up Install Process
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
  • base: centos.host-engine.com
  • elrepo: ord.mirror.rackspace.com
  • epel: mirror.steadfast.net
  • extras: mirror.steadfast.net
  • updates: mirror.cisp.com
    Package git-1.7.1-3.el6_4.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package gcc-4.4.7-16.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package dialog-1.1-9.20080819.1.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package augeas-libs-1.0.0-10.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package openssl-devel-1.0.1e-42.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package libffi-devel-3.0.5-3.2.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package redhat-rpm-config-9.0.3-44.el6.centos.noarch already installed and latest version
    Package ca-certificates-2015.2.4-65.0.1.el6_6.noarch already installed and latest version
    Nothing to do
    WARNING: Python 2.6 support is very experimental at present…
    if you would like to work on improving it, please ensure you have backups
    and then run this script again with the --debug flag!`

Any ideas where I am getting off course? Thank you.

Check the last line of your log. Call the client with --debug if you’re fine with trying the experimental Python 2.6 support.

[quote=“mygeek911, post:1, topic:6237”]
WARNING: Python 2.6 support is very experimental at present…
[/quote]Are you able to install Python 2.7 ? That would be great.

I just installed 2.7, but notice that now when I try to run the command, it is attempting to use python 2.6.

./letsencrypt-auto: line 103: [: error: integer expression expected ./letsencrypt-auto: line 105: [: error: integer expression expected Updating letsencrypt and virtual environment dependencies.../root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cryptography/__init__.py:25: DeprecationWarning: Python 2.6 is no longer supported by the Python core team, please upgrade your Python. DeprecationWarning ./root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cryptography/__init__.py:25: DeprecationWarning: Python 2.6 is no longer supported by the Python core team, please upgrade your Python.

I’m not too familiar with how virtual environments work, but I’d recommend deleting ~/.local/share/letsencrypt so the client re-installs its dependencies while using the right python version - my guess is the virtual environment is stuck with the first python version it saw.

You should see something like Creating virtual environment... if this succeeded.

You were spot on. I’m still getting errors, but at least we’re going somewhere.

Creating virtual environment... Updating letsencrypt and virtual environment dependencies.../root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning. InsecurePlatformWarning .../root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning. InsecurePlatformWarning Failed building wheel for cryptography . Running with virtualenv: /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt --apache -d mydomain.com -d www.mydomain.com Version: 1.1-20080819 Version: 1.1-20080819 The apache plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration. The error was: NoInstallationError()

I’m going to try and work on this tomorrow afternoon. Thank you so much for your help thus far!