TXT Lookup giving an error

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: thenmalahomestay.com

I ran this command:

Added the necessary TXT records for verification. I use GoDaddy for domain management and hosting. The verification has been saying that the TXT records have not been added even though they created in the DNS settings page on GoDaddy

It produced this output:

Error: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for _acme-challenge.landmarkbuildersindia.com

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Take a screenshot of the TXT record in the GoDaddy UI.

Most likely you have entered it incorrectly.

Edit: Yup.

$ dig +noall +answer  _acme-challenge.landmarkbuildersindia.com.landmarkbuildersindia.com txt
_acme-challenge.landmarkbuildersindia.com.landmarkbuildersindia.com. 3576 IN TXT "ywRVFoDKTKoh-V3KNA8zsX7pd8zyJxUd6MdW3MrWHiE"

You need to only use _acme-challenge in the label field, not the full FQDN. Otherwise the registered domain part gets duplicated.

Try what @_az said, using “_acme-challenge” and “_acme-challenge.www” as the record names.

But which domain are you working on now? landmarkbuildersindia.com or thenmalahomestay.com? Both?

Hey!

The suggestion worked out. Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.