I’m trying to validate that I’m using the correct procedure here. I have multiple wildcard domains that I’d like to secure. I’ve registered an acmedns user at https://auth.acme-dns.io; created _acme-challenge CNAMEs for each of the domain names in question and set environment variables holding the ACMEDNS_USERNAME, PASSWORD, SUBDOMAIN and UPDATE_URL. I’m using acme.sh and it appears that the issue operation only succeeds for one or two domains at a time. By repeatedly running the issue command with the domain names in different orders I got to the stage where I’ve now run into rate limits so I’m a bit stuck.
My domain is: Multiple domains including *.pantherwin.co.uk
I ran this command:
acme.sh --debug --issue -d pantherwin.co.uk --dns dns_acmedns --challenge-alias pantherwin.co.uk -d *.pantherwin.co.uk -d domain2.co.uk -d *.domain2.co.uk -d domain3.co.uk -d *.domain3.co.uk -d domain4.co.uk -d *.domain4.co.uk -d domain5.co.uk -d *.domain5.co.uk -d domain6.co.uk -d *.domain6.co.uk -d domain7.co.uk -d *.domain7.co.uk -d domain8.co.uk -d *.domain8.co.uk
It produced this output: Too much to include but, essentially it is failing to issue a certificate.
My web server is (include version): Apache 2.2.15
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): CentOS 6.9
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: 1&1
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No